Monday, October 24 to Friday, October 28
Our sixth grade student council, the Goodness Gorillas, will be holding our annual pumpkin decorating contest at Pequea Elementary School. Interested students can decorate a pumpkin and bring it to school on Monday, October 24. We will also accept them throughout the week. You will place your pumpkin in your grade’s pumpkin patch on the stage in the cafeteria.
Each grade will represent a pumpkin patch on the stage in the cafeteria. In front of each pumpkin patch will be a container for money (coins or bills). The grade that has the most pennies at the end-of-the-week wins the contest! Silver coins and paper money cancel out pennies! Students want to place pennies in their grade’s container, while placing paper money and silver coins in other grade’s containers!
Rules for the Contest
● Students may use pumpkins or gourds.
● YOU MAY NOT CUT OR CARVE YOUR PUMPKIN!
● You may only decorate the outside of your pumpkin.
● The grade with the most pennies by the end of the week wins!
● Each silver coin or bill placed in a grade’s container reduces the number of pennies from that container by the amount of the coin. (e.g. a nickel reduces the pennies by five, a dime by ten, a dollar by 100, etc…)
● IF YOUR PUMPKIN STARTS TO SPOIL, IT WILL BE THROWN AWAY IMMEDIATELY. THE GOODNESS GORILLAS WILL TRY TO SAVE ALL PROPS BEFORE DISCARDING THE PUMPKIN.
THE GRADE WITH THE MOST PENNIES AT THE END-OF-THE-WEEK EARNS A PIZZA PARTY WITH GOODWIN THE GORILLA AND BENNIE THE BENEVOLENT BANANA!
All proceeds will benefit Pequea families in need during the holiday sesason.
Pumpkins MUST be taken home on Friday, October 28 or they will be thrown in the dumpster after school.