Listed below are links to audio books for your student. CLICK HERE to read an article on the benefit of audio books for students.
- Free Audio Books – www.teachersfirst.com/single.cfm?id=15189
- interactive audio books (grades k-6)- www.teachersfirst.com/spectopics/interactiveaudiobooks.cfm
- Early Literacy Website – www.starfall.com
- Free audio stories (each story has a 1-2 minute intro. before the story is read) – www.storynory.com
- National Geographic Magazine articles (for kindergarten and first grade) – http://ngexplorer.cengage.com/ngyoungexplorer/index.html
- Free audio books and stories – http://audiostories.lightupyourbrain.com/
- Collection of Howard B. Wigglebottom books – www.wedolisten.org
- Stories are read aloud as pictures from the text are shown. This does not show the actual text. (primary) http://www.storylineonline.net/
- This shows pictures and words as the story is read aloud. Words are highlighted as they are read. (primary) – http://www.rif.org/readingplanet/content/read_aloud_stories.mspx
- Shows pictures and words for each story. (primary) – http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/laac/story/sbi.shtml
- Can be for listening and reading comprehension (grades 1-5) – www.childtopia.com
- Over 900 sites for free ebooks (grades k-6) – www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-ebooks-online.htm
- Stories about myths and legends (grades 3-6) – myths.e2bn.org
- Please note: We will be working on a resource page with educational links for students and parents.