Wow! Our entire Pequea team wants to say THANK YOU to each and every one of our families and our surrounding Pequea community for your ongoing support and encouragement throughout this year. We are so blessed and proud to be a part of Pequea and the Penn Manor community!
To our Class of 2028 sixth graders, we wish you the best of luck in middle school and are excited for all that this next chapter in your life brings you! Remember to be the best version of you!
This week we also had the opportunity to have a final visit from some of our Pequea alumni, Class of 2021! We witnessed their final walk through the halls of Pequea Elementary as K-12 students. It was so great for us to see each and every one of them! We wish our grads the best of success in all their future endeavors!
Here is an abundance of information for you as you kickoff your summer!
Report Cards: Report cards were uploaded to student Sapphire accounts at 3:00 this afternoon. Students present in school today also participated in the “move up transition” activity to meet their 2022-2023 teacher.
Any student who was unable to attend school today my pick up their personal items at the school office next week, June 7th – 10th. The office is open 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Please be sure to call first to be certain someone is in the office to assist you.
Changes with the 2022-23 year: With the end of every school year we say “see you later” to some friends and welcome new friends.
We wish the best of luck to:
- Mr. Polaski as he transitions to Martic Elementary teaching 6th grade.
- Mrs. Showalter (our substitute teacher for Mrs. Raff while she was on maternity leave) as she transitions to Martic Elementary teaching 4th grade.
- Miss Gutierrez (our substitute teacher for Mrs. Eshleman while she was on maternity leave) as she transitions to Central Manor Elementary teaching 1st grade.
- Mrs. Raff (returning from maternity leave), who will be on assignment as a Learning Facilitator at the elementary level for the next two years.
- Mrs. Bawiec, who will be on assignment as a School Counselor for Conestoga and Martic Elementary Schools for the next two years.
We say welcome and hello again to:
- Mrs. Eshleman who will be returning in 3rd grade from her maternity leave.
- Miss Boehler, who was Mr. Polaski’s former student teacher, will be our new 4th grade teacher.
- Mr. Sarra who will now stay on as our second 6th grade teacher.
Supports & Resources for Wellness: Throughout the summer Penn Manor wants to continue to offer supports and resources to our community members. Please remember The Loft is a great resource for our Penn Manor families. Additionally, check out all of the available resources HERE.
If you aren’t able to make it to The Loft on Wednesday evenings, consider signing up for Power Packs over the summer!
We are super excited to roll out our summer challenge for students this summer! We are having our first ever Summer Sizzle of Learning Fun! Check out this blog post HERE with a video and information. All students were in grades K-5 were given a book on their last day. All students are participate will have the privilege in attending our school day Sizzle Palooza Celebration in the Fall! Our summer fun also includes some family engagement events that you can learn more about in the blog post mentioned above and you can RSVP HERE by July 1st.
Pequea Office Hours & Schedule: Penn Manor Elementary Schools close for a few weeks over the summer. Office hours will be Monday, June 9th – Friday, July 17th from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Please call ahead though to ensure someone is in the office as we are in and out of planning meetings. The office will then be closed June 20th – August 15th. Dr. Murray will be checking her email periodically over the summer; please contact her at email@example.com. If you have an immediate need, please contact Dr. Jerry Egan, Assistant Superintendent of Elementary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindergarten AM/PM Sessions: Our 2022-2023 Kindergarten families will be receiving their assignment letters before the end of June. We plan to mail them out around the middle of the month; we know some families are still working on their final plans for childcare and transportation and want to be sure you have time to work all of this out before the final assignments are given.
Have a safe, relaxing, fun, and sizzling summer Pequea!!